Music, Art, and Food

December 7th, 2014 akolso17

Hello Everyone!

What a busy week this has been!

On Thursday I joined the pep band in playing at the Holy Cross Christmas tree lighting. It was very cold but seeing the beautiful manger, drinking hot chocolate, and hearing Christmas carols really put me in the Christmas spirit. After the tree lighting my hallway gave out our Secret Santa gifts. Ellen crocheted a scarf, (see below!) a matching mug cozy, and bought me a coffee mug. Her present was so sweet. She definitely won Christmas. (You can check out her HC blog here! http://echen17.me.holycross.edu) For Secret Santa I gave Emily a talking Olaf. Thursday night was also the opening of ACT’s (Alternate College Theater) ‘God of Carnage.’ The set was beautiful, the actors were hilarious, and overall it was really well done.

Ellen wins Christmas!

Ellen wins Christmas!

¡Me encanta esta clase!

¡Me encanta esta clase! 

Friday night was HC’s First Annual Pitch Perfect, sponsored by CAB (Campus Activity Board). Holy Cross’ five acapella groups competed for $250. The event was a HUGE success and so much fun to attend. Then at 3:00 AM I went to 12-hour adoration sponsored by the Society of Sts. Peter & Paul. With the craziness of the semester right now it was wonderful to take a break and reflect.

Then, bright and early on Saturday morning my Spanish class (see above picture) had a field trip to the MFA (Museum of Fine Arts) in Boston to see the exhibit on Goya. He’s my FAVORITE painter so I was so excited to see some of his works in person. After the museum we came back to Worcester to a classmate’s house for Spanish tortilla and paella. It was a wonderful day but so exhausting!

And finally, today my friends and I made brunch to celebrate my boyfriend’s birthday. We made bacon and pancakes in the dorm kitchen and served coffee cake for dessert. We ate in front of the common room TV and watched “Justice League” on Netflix in our pajamas. Oh college!

Have a wonderful week!

Ali

Ali Olson '17